Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology Centre includes:
- Computed Tomography Laboratory
- Ultrasound Laboratory
- Classical Radiology Laboratory
- Hemodynamics and Interventional Radiology Laboratory
Manager of the Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology Centre: Katarzyna Gruszczyńska, M.D., Ph.D.
Coordinating nurse: Halina Kost
Secretary’s office of the Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology Centre tel.: (32) 207 19 40, fax: (32) 207 19 20
Reception desk of the Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology Centre: from 7:00 am to 2:45 pm,
Telephone registration: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm tel .: (32) 207 15 78
In the Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology Centre of the Upper Silesian Child Health Centre:
1. Specialists in radiology with many years of professional experience in pediatric radiology perform all examinations in classical radiology: X-ray examinations, contrast examinations of the alimentary tract: X-ray examinations of the upper alimentary tract, intestinal transit examinations, contrast enemas, as well as contrast examinations of the urinary tract: urography and voiding cystography. Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology Centre has two X-ray apparatuses for classical and contrast examinations. It also has three transportable X-ray apparatuses which allow one to take bedside images and images in the operating rooms.
2. CT scan of all body parts and organs. When the CT examinations are performed in infants, small children or non-cooperating children (anxious, crying, shouting ones), they may be performed under general anesthesia. The tests are performed with a multi-layer apparatus. Technical parameters of the apparatus allow us to reduce the dose of the harmful X-rays.
3. Ultrasound examinations in children – full range. The Ultrasound Laboratory works in two shifts: from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm (time reserved for patients from the departments of the Clinical Hospital no. 6) and from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm (tests performed in children from outpatient clinics). On the night hours we perform tests on an emergency basis ordered by the Emergency Department of the Clinical Hospital no. 6 of the Upper Silesian Child Health Centre. We perform approximately 15 thousand examinations a year.
4. Hemodynamisc and Interventional Radiology Laboratory has a modern two-plane angiograph Our specialists perform diagnostic tests (catheter angiography) and intravascular procedures (e.g. embolizations of brain and peripheral hemangiomas). The same apparatus is used by the Pediatric Cardiology Department and Clinic for diagnostic tests and treatment of children with congenital heart diseases.
A patient may undergo examination in the Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology Centre on the basis of:
1. a referral without indication of a particular entity in which the examination is to be performed
2. a referral with the indication of the Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology Centre of the Upper Silesian Child Health Centre
3. chip card (NHF), child’s health book
4. a conscious written consent of the legal guardian
5. it is necessary to provide descriptions, CDs and X-ray images of previous tests.
Dates and times of the examinations are determined in the reception desk of the Diagnostic Imaging Centre from Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 2:35 pm or by telephone from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm tel .: (32) 207 15 78, fax: (32) 207 19 20.
Note: For control tests it is necessary to bring the results of the previously conducted tests (photos, descriptions).